Sakis Zachariadis was born in Thessaloniki and started taking guitar lessons at an early age.
In his first professional steps he was fortunate enough to collaborate with some of the best musicians in the country such as Kiourtzoglou, Kapilidis, other well-known Pop & Rock bands such as the Mple.
In 1994 he graduated from the famous American Musicians Institute GIT in Los Angeles, having been taught by famous musicians of the Jazz – Rock scene. (Scott Henderson, Joe Diorio, Norman Brown, Frank Gambale, etc.) (Scott Henderson, Joe Diorio, Norman Brown, Frank Gambaleetc.)
During his studies he also had the opportunity to regularly attend seminars by leading musicians of world renown. (Pat Metheny , Lyle Mays , Joe Pass , Stanley Jordan etc.)
Since 1996 he has taught in many Conservatories of Thessaloniki: (Philippos Nakas Conservatory, Modern Conservatory, New Conservatory, Municipal Conservatory of Kalamaria)
Some of the most memorable moments along the way are:
- 1997: concert at the Lycabettus Theater with Mple.
- 2000: concert in Syntagma Square for the Millennium with Mple.
- 2004: Two collaborations with the Philharmonic Orchestra of the Municipality of Thessaloniki and concerts at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall.
- He has been awarded for two consecutive years in music competitions:
- MakemusicContest 2004, (composition) organizer of IEK AKMI.
- MakemusicContest 2005 (1st improvisation prize) organizer of IEK AKMI, but also in the competition “Music PoweredByTechnology 2004 contest” organizer of IEK Homer.
- 2008Release of his first solo album (It all sounds Greek to me) with his JazzFusion compositions.
- Concert at Technopolis-Gazi in the context of European Music Concert European Music
- at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall with the Kalamaria Youth Orchestra under the direction of Mimi Plessas.
- Concert presentation of his personal album at the 43rd Dimitria of Municipality of Thessaloniki (20th EthnoJazz Festival.
- 2010 Collaborates with the Thessaloniki State Orchestra for the celebration of the European Music Day June 21 at the Thessaloniki Concert Hall. The particularly demanding repertoire of the evening includes the Ukrainian virtuoso pianist and composer Vitalij Kuprij.
- 2014 Release of his second solo album (Soundays) with original compositions.
- Video recording and television presentation of his record work for the municipal television TV100 and the music show “Open Microphones”.
- Lecture at the Department of Architecture of AUTh. On “Improvisation in Music and Architecture”.
He has also collaborated with:
- Richie Morales (USA) Yamaha drums endorsement – seminars Philip Nakas.
- Lydia Filipovic (France F.Yugoslavia)
- Danny Hayes (USA),Gioula Michael, Diogenis Didaskalou, Kostas Anastasiadis, Evi Siamanta,Manolis Mitsias, Grigoris Bithikotsis Manolis Rasoulis.